[OPEN-ILS-DEV] unable to login as admin

vijay kumar vijcrjbhu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:35:36 EDT 2008

Dear Member,
My OPAC is working but when I login in web browser
as admin   and password as open-ils
it shows  error communicating with Authentication Server

I follow each step one by one
and clark-kent.pl --daemon is also running.

So anyone please suggest me how I will get my Staff-client page and how to
 overcome of these problem.

when I check Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
it shows following ststements............
Is there any problem with database connectivity

{Screenshot}
Checking Jabber connection
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* WARNING: Deprecated <password> element used for the <reporter>
entry.  Please use <pw> instead.
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to
database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
DBI connect('dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432','evergreen',...)
failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "evergreen"
 at ./settings-tester.pl line 216
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Unable to connect to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432, user=evergreen,
password=evergreens
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Unable to connect to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432, user=evergreen,
password=evergreens
SCALAR(0x86dda34)
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
./settings-tester.pl line 243, <DATA> line 29.
./settings-tester.pl line 244, <DATA> line 29.
./settings-tester.pl line 245, <DATA> line 29.
* ERROR: /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases
:: Database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432 has
encoding  instead of UTF8 or UNICODE.
  * ERROR: Language 'plpgsql' is not enabled in the target database
  * ERROR: Language 'plperlu' is not enabled in the target database
  * ERROR: Language 'plperl' is not enabled in the target database
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/language

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
/usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
 was not linked against libdbi - you probably need to compile
libdbi-drivers from source with the --enable-libdbi configure switch.

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'vijay-evergreen' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml

Thanks,
vijay Kumar