[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Retrieving and parsing MARC records from the Web interface

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:25:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Alexander O'Neill <aoneill at upei.ca> wrote:
> Hello all, new evergreen person here.
>
> I have a question about retrieving MARC records.  I am writing a
> modification to the web interface, specifically on the rdetail page, to
> print a specific entry from a MARC record  just under the main results table
> without the user having to click on the MARC Record tab below to see it.
>
> What I have right now is that I can, when the page loads, call the
> FETCH_MARC_HTML (open-ils.search:open-ils.search.biblio.record.html) request
> method, and in the callback function print the contents of the response
> object.

You might find it more useful to use bare XHR to grab the marcxml.
That's (more or less) where we want to go in the future with the OPAC
in any case.  You can grab the marcxml for any record by constructing
a url like this:

  http://dev.gapines.org/opac/extras/supercat/retrieve/marcxml/record/1

Replacing 1, of course, with the record id that you need.  Replacing
marcxml with mods (or any other feed-supporting format) will give you
other alternate representations.