[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Client Build Question

Melissa Lefebvre mlefebvre at biblio.org
Tue Dec 2 11:26:41 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to Evergreen and am trying to get up a test server using
1_4_0_0-rc2, on Debian Etch.  I've followed the instructions to install EG,
corrected the errors that I came across when running the settings-tester.pl,
am able to srfsh on the server with no errors, the OPAC page loads within a
browser (although I can't actually do anything like login to My Account - I
get a javascript void error) but my question is how do I connect my
Evergreen Staff Client on a Windows machine to the server?  I tried the
instructions located at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:installing_and_runni
ng_the_staff_client
<http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:installing_and_runn
ing_the_staff_client&s=staff> &s=staff and it seems to have done something
(no errors or warning messages) but when I try to connect via the staff
client I can't get passed the testing server stage (message "There was an
error testing this hostname").  I am not sure what I am missing although I
have a feeling it's something really simple and obvious.  Does the hostname
need to have a particular path listed or just the hostname?  I've tried just
the hostname and also just the server's IP.  As a side note, I can get to
the Local System Administration via a browser on a windows machine, so I
think EG is install correctly.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Melissa

Melissa S. Lefebvre

Web Services Administrator

Bibliomation, Inc.