[OPEN-ILS-DEV] disable automatic record deletion

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 9 15:23:10 EST 2008

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 12:37:22 -0500, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca>
wrote:

> Hey all,
> It's cold and snowy here!
>
>  Where do I go to do this?
> "disable automatic record deletion using an org_unit setting"

Hi Grand,

I believe that's referring to not deleting a bib record when all attached
items/call-numbers are being deleted?

If so, you can set an org_unit setting called "cat.bib.keep_on_empty".
For now, you'll have to do that directly in the database.

Something to the effect of:

insert into actor.org_unit_setting (org_unit, name, value) values (1,
'cat.bib.keep_on_empty', 1);

That will apply the setting globally, if "top" of your org_unit hierarchy
has an ID of 1.

You can also tell the system to alert the staff when this occurs with the
"cat.bib.alert_on_empty" setting.

Hope this helps,

-b

--