[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Driver for VuFind

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:41:10 EST 2008

(I just sent the following message to the vufind-tech list, but
thought I'd also post it here.)

At NRCan, we're looking at the possibility of using VuFind with
Evergreen. Towards that end, I have taken a first stab at an Evergreen
driver.

It is not yet complete - getMyFines, getMyHolds, and placeHold are the
major functions that are still need to be implemented (another patch
adding these will be submitted ASAP). However, most of the other
functions that apply to Evergreen work (holdings/status info is
displayed when viewing a record, users can view the items they have
checked out, and their personal data from the ILS).

I'm also including a patch for web/sys/User.php which adds an ILS
login function, which I have been using to login to VuFind using my
Evergreen login/password. This new function can be used by setting
"[Authentication][method]" in web/conf/config.ini to "ILS". Currently,
it's very specific to Evergreen and may need to be generalized if it
is going to be used with other ILSs.

These patches are against the SVN repository but have also been tested
with 1.0-RC1.

Let me know if there's anything that should be changed or fixed.

Cheers,
 Warren Layton, NRCan