[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Connection Problems

Thomas Edward thomaedward at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:34:53 EST 2008

Hi Jason,

I downloaded and installed evergreen server 1.2 and staff-client 1.2.3.0 using the network at
work.  Everything is working just fine, that is, I can access the eg-server using the staff-client, I can use the OPAC, I can access configuration using a web browser(at .../cgi-bin/config.cgi). I can add patrons, update teh catalog, etc.

I am currently using a dell PC dual boot vista and Ubuntu 7.10 as the server.  The other machines in the lab run either vista or windows XP.  I have installed the staff client 1.2.3.0 on three of these machines and I can access the the server as described in the previous paragraph.   On my work network the machine is named as thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb.

I carried the machine (eg-server)
home and I am having problems connecting.

My desktop at home
(XP), IP addrss 192.168.0.48 can ping the eg-server Ip addres 192.168.0.49 and vice versa.   However, I still cannot reach
the evergreen server.  I cannot access cgi-bin/config.cgi, opac or the
staff client.

My laptop runs Vista.  Vista pings the eg-server by not the other way round.

Please
help me resolve this issue.   You may offer a direct solution or point
me to the relevant documentation, i'll do the reading.

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas

"Rebirth, renew, Starting a new Life."