[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Register Workstation broken in trunk?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:04:07 EST 2008

On 06/02/2008, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> I can't use the client to register new client installs under trunk.  I
> receive the following:
>
> Call to [open-ils.actor.user.perm.highest_org] failed for session
> [1202309547.426312.120230954716702], thread trace [1]:
> Can't call method "id" without a package or object reference at
> /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Application/AppUtils.pm line 781.
>

> Being impatient, I can manually insert the client into actor.workstation
> and hack the chrome/ws_info accordingly, after which the client runs
> normally.  So it seems to be strictly related to the new registration.

Impatient is good - at least you're patient enough to file a bug
report to the list!

I'll double check my recent commits to this area of the client code to
see if anything suspicious made its way in. We recently got hit by
both my i18n work, which could introduce subtle bugs if I mess
something up, as well as the switch to JSON::XS and the OpenSRF JSON
number handling code.

I would love it if somebody could figure out a way to write unit tests
for the staff client so that we could automatically walk through all
of these scenarios on a continual integration build machine. Given
that you normally only register a workstation once, it's easy for a
bug to slip in and not be noticed in this particular scenario. Ah, if
wishes were horses, I'd have a lot of fertilizer for our garden.

Thanks for your bug report!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University