[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Ned some Help ( really big implementation)

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:23:54 EST 2008

On 08/02/2008, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 10:43 AM, jose Masdeu <jjmasdeu at pjn.gov.ar> wrote:
> >    as you can see I must to teach a lot of peoples on How to interact
> > with evergreen. and the doc its very poor..
>
> Hi Jose, I agree.  We really need to get some technical writers on
> board.  Here's an open invitation to everyone: I'll personally train
> anyone on Evergreen who's willing to contribute to the documentation
> effort (via remote desktop and phone conference technology).

In conjunction with Jason's offer - I'll convert the documentation
from whatever format it arrives in (plain text, HTML, Microsoft Word,
WordPerfect) into DocBook XML for the official documentation ("The
Book of Evergreen").

Oddly enough, I was thinking about the stalled state of the
documentation project early this morning and musing about ways to get
it going again - as well as wanting to follow up on the request for
guidance in terms of voice, writing style, etc. I'll try to get my
head out of i18n for a little while and return to the documentation
side for a few hours.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University