[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Ned some Help ( really big implementation)

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:55:05 EST 2008

On 08/02/2008, Deb Bergeron <bergeron at macalester.edu> wrote:

>  Dan,
>  Great minds think alike! ;-)
>  I've been thinking about this as well.
>
>  Deb
>

>  Dan Scott wrote:
>  On 08/02/2008, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
>

>  On Feb 8, 2008 10:43 AM, jose Masdeu <jjmasdeu at pjn.gov.ar> wrote:
>

>  as you can see I must to teach a lot of peoples on How to interact
> with evergreen. and the doc its very poor..
>
>  Hi Jose, I agree. We really need to get some technical writers on
> board. Here's an open invitation to everyone: I'll personally train
> anyone on Evergreen who's willing to contribute to the documentation
> effort (via remote desktop and phone conference technology).
>
>  In conjunction with Jason's offer - I'll convert the documentation
> from whatever format it arrives in (plain text, HTML, Microsoft Word,
> WordPerfect) into DocBook XML for the official documentation ("The
> Book of Evergreen").
>
> Oddly enough, I was thinking about the stalled state of the
> documentation project early this morning and musing about ways to get
> it going again - as well as wanting to follow up on the request for
> guidance in terms of voice, writing style, etc. I'll try to get my
> head out of i18n for a little while and return to the documentation
> side for a few hours.

I have added a brief writer's style guide to the documentation
development section of the wiki at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:manual based
heavily on one of my previous lives as an information architect for a
large team of technical writers.

Feedback, requests for more direction or clarification is welcome!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University