[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Problems starting ejabber/opensrf router

Edward Corrado corrado at tcnj.edu
Thu Feb 14 15:30:55 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting Evergreen running after changing my IP
address/hostname. I also had a kernel update, but I think the problem is
more likely with with the IP/hostname change. However, I am at a lost
and don't know what else to check. I looked through all of the files in
Dan Scott's Debian install directions and I think I found all of the
places to make changes, but maybe I missed something.

When I try to start Jabber, it seems to start but I can't seem to
connect on the localhost:

> darkstar:~# /etc/init.d/ejabberd start
> Starting jabber server: ejabberd.
> darkstar:~# ps wax | grep jabber
>  4907 pts/1    Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.5.2/bin/beam --
> -root /usr/lib/erlang -progname erl -- -home /var/lib/ejabberd -sname
> ejabberd -s ejabberd -kernel inetrc "/etc/ejabberd/inetrc" -ejabberd
> config "/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg" log_path
> "/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log" -sasl sasl_error_logger
> {file,"/var/log/ejabberd/sasl.log"} -mnesia dir "/var/lib/ejabberd"
> -noshell -noshell -noinput
>  5254 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep jabber
> darkstar:~# telnet localhost 5222
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> darkstar:~# /etc/init.d/ejabberd stop
> Stopping jabber server: ejabberd already stopped.

When I try to start the opensrf router, I get the following error:

> opensrf at darkstar:/openils/conf$ osrf_ctl.sh -c
> /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
> OpenSRF Router already started :
> !!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server localhost...
> exitingopensrf at darkstar:/openils/conf$

There are no log files in /var/log/ejabberd that offer any hints. (I
have an empty ejabberd.log).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Edward

--