[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Problems starting ejabber/opensrf router

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:01:19 EST 2008

On 14/02/2008, Edward Corrado <corrado at tcnj.edu> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
>  On IRC we managed to get this going somewhat, but I still can't connect
>  with srfsh. I'm pretty sure I have something mixed up between the old
>  hostname (TCNJ-85), the new host name (darkstar) and localhost. I can
>  connect to the Jabber port by using telnet (telnet localhost 5222). I
>  did get some errors to this effect in /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log (see
>  http://paste.lisp.org/display/55921).
>
>  I think something might be screwy with my /etc/hosts as well..... This
>  is what it currently looks like:
>
>     opensrf at darkstar:~$ more /etc/hosts
>     127.0.0.1       localhost
>     127.0.1.1       darkstar.TCNJ.EDU darkstar darkstar.localdomain
>

>  I think that is right based on th directions, but I'm not sure. Since
>  darkstar is the outside name, I'm not sure the purpose of it being in
>  the 127.0.1.1. Of course, I am not 100% sure I understand the 127.0.1.1
>  to begin with.

Oh. OH!

Even though it shouldn't matter at all, we discovered (well, Dan Wells
and Pierre Nault discovered) that previous versions of ejabberd could
not deal with hostnames that included capital letters. It's likely
that the version of ejabberd you are using is still afflicted by that
bug.

See: http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-October/001912.html
for a similar thread on this topic.

--