[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen installation problems

Keith Kelley keith.kelley at wmich.edu
Mon Feb 18 14:18:37 EST 2008

Thanks to everyone's help, I was able to get through all of the
"installation" steps for Evergreen. However, when it came time to
start Evergreen I was not so lucky.

>From a fresh reboot:

wlib-210:~# /etc/init.d/ejabberd start
Starting jabber server: ejabberd already running.
wlib-210:~# /etc/init.d/memcached start
Starting memcached: memcached is already running.
memcached.
wlib-210:~# su - opensrf
opensrf at wlib-210:~$ osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
-a start_router
Starting OpenSRF Router
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server
wlib-210.wmlib.wmich.edu... exitiopensrf at wlib-210:~$

I suspect the problem is somewhere in step 16 or 21 of the Debian
installation, since in step 16 I wasn't creating any users and in 21
I appear to be using jabber users I never created, but I don't
really know.

Also, I wonder if this is the correct forum for these types of
questions. A lot of it seems to come down to documentation and
administration rather than development. I saw there was a
documentation e-mail list, and a general e-mail list, is there an
admin list? Do these sorts of questions more rightly go to the
documentation list?

Keith