[OPEN-ILS-DEV] make it simple

Grant Johnson FGJohnson at upei.ca
Fri Feb 29 13:31:45 EST 2008

András,

Dan and Mike are working towards simplification.
There was a proof of concept at code4lib early this week.(I think! - I
get dates mixed up in my head)

remove the BEGIN/COMMIT lines as there is a Date problem between SIRSI
and Postgres.

 - Peruse the list for threads.

Cheers

Grant

See this note from Dan:

-------------2/23/2008 12:34 AM
Cheers, folks - take a look at the downloads page
(http://open-ils.org/downloads.php) near the bottom - "Holdings import
demonstration" - it links to a complete sample of 500 records and
scripts that I whipped together tonight. Following the instructions in
the README, you should be able to successfully import bib records and
holdings from a single set of MARC21XML records.

Many thanks to Mike Rylander for providing the help over the past year
that made this possible.

"Kardos András" <k.andris at gmail.com>

>>> On 2/29/2008 at 11:41 AM, in message
<f0d796b90802290741y287c63f8m55f9a25fe3e99aa5 at mail.gmail.com>, "Kardos
András"
<k.andris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cheers,
>
> Just wondering... Could make the import process a one-step thing? Or
> document why you need the MARC -> Evergreen BRE JSON -> Open-ILS
JSON

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecor