[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Loading Records

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Wed Jan 9 19:49:52 EST 2008

Hi Dan,
Imported successfully.
I will help with the documentation... The need to rebuild/VACUUM FULL is still apparent.
I hope not for EVERY Batch load! :-)
Wonder why..........

F. Grant Johnson
566-0630 / fgjohnson at upei.ca
Skype ID = jetsongeorge

Systems/Web Coordinator
 Robertson Library
 University of Prince Edward Island

***************
Attitude is IT!

>>> On 01/09/2008 at 9:36 AM, in message <fbb0d11d0801090536j4d789db5gda682d00b18634c9 at mail.gmail.com>, "Dan Scott" <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
On 09/01/2008, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:

Hi All,
Any documentation for loading MARC records into evergreen?
First successful install using John's script in a chroot environment was smooth as silk.
(Once I stopped trying to be fancy)

I have the client running on a Windows XP box successfully and can log in and do a z39.50 import but.......

Batch import of exported records would be better :-)

Cheers

Hi Grant:

Start with http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords - and follow the Gutenberg example (including the --order and --auto options) closely. Improvements to the documentation would be greatly appreciated!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University