[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Issue building Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.1

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:10:57 EST 2008

On 10/01/2008, Ingalls, Niles <nilesi at zionsville.lib.in.us> wrote:

> On 1/10/08 4:27 PM, "Brandon W. Uhlman" <brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Niles.
> >
> > Take a look at install.conf, or if you don't have one,
> > install.conf.default, in the same folder as config.sh and install.sh.
> > Did you introduce any spaces, or remove the quotation marks from the
> > lines starting around line 40, specifically PREFIX and TMP. The output
> > of 'make install' makes me think you might have something like
> >
> > PREFIX=" /usr/local/openils" and
> > TMP=" /tmp/ilstmp"
> >
> > in that file.
> >
> > I've never run into the problem myself, so it's only a best guess.
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Brandon Uhlman
> > System Administrator
> > BC Pines Project
> >

> Brandon,
> Nope, it install.conf appears to be intact.
> Thanks for the reply
>

> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Global install prefix.  Binaries will be installed into PREFIX/bin,
> # libraries will be installed into PREFIX/lib, etc.  The user
> # running 'install.sh install' must have write permissions to PREFIX
> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
> PREFIX="/usr/local/openils";
> BINDIR="$PREFIX/bin/";
> LIBDIR="$PREFIX/lib/";
> PERLDIR="$LIBDIR/perl5/";
> INCLUDEDIR="$PREFIX/include/";
> ETCDIR="$PREFIX/etc/";
> WEBDIR="$PREFIX/web/";
> CGIDIR="$PREFIX/cgi-bin/";
> TEMPLATEDIR="$PREFIX/templates";
>

> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Temporary build files go here.  The User running 'install.sh build'
> # must have write permissions to TMP
> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
> TMP="/tmp/ilstmp/";

Hey Niles:

Two things: your install.conf looks incredibly short. Mine (OpenSRF trunk,
mind you) is 37 lines of variable definitions. Did you run "make config" to
create this?

Also, I'm not sure how many people have tried installing with a PREFIX of
anything other than "/openils/" - it might work fine to go with a more
FHS-friendly approach, but it might be wise in the short term to stick with
the herd.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University