[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Issue building Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.1

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Thu Jan 10 19:23:21 EST 2008

Quoting Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com>:

> On 10/01/2008, Ingalls, Niles <nilesi at zionsville.lib.in.us> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/10/08 4:27 PM, "Brandon W. Uhlman" <brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, Niles.
>> >
>> > Take a look at install.conf, or if you don't have one,
>> > install.conf.default, in the same folder as config.sh and install.sh.
>> > Did you introduce any spaces, or remove the quotation marks from the
>> > lines starting around line 40, specifically PREFIX and TMP. The output
>> > of 'make install' makes me think you might have something like
>> >
>> > PREFIX=" /usr/local/openils" and
>> > TMP=" /tmp/ilstmp"
>> >
>> > in that file.
>> >
>> > I've never run into the problem myself, so it's only a best guess.
>> >
>> > Good luck,
>> >
>> > Brandon Uhlman
>> > System Administrator
>> > BC Pines Project
>> >

>> Brandon,
>> Nope, it install.conf appears to be intact.
>> Thanks for the reply
>>

>> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> # Global install prefix.  Binaries will be installed into PREFIX/bin,
>> # libraries will be installed into PREFIX/lib, etc.  The user
>> # running 'install.sh install' must have write permissions to PREFIX
>> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> PREFIX="/usr/local/openils";
>> BINDIR="$PREFIX/bin/";
>> LIBDIR="$PREFIX/lib/";
>> PERLDIR="$LIBDIR/perl5/";
>> INCLUDEDIR="$PREFIX/include/";
>> ETCDIR="$PREFIX/etc/";
>> WEBDIR="$PREFIX/web/";
>> CGIDIR="$PREFIX/cgi-bin/";
>> TEMPLATEDIR="$PREFIX/templates";
>>

>> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> # Temporary build files go here.  The User running 'install.sh build'
>> # must have write permissions to TMP
>> # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> TMP="/tmp/ilstmp/";
>

> Hey Niles:
>
> Two things: your install.conf looks incredibly short. Mine (OpenSRF trunk,
> mind you) is 37 lines of variable definitions. Did you run "make config" to
> create this?
>
> Also, I'm not sure how many people have tried installing with a PREFIX of
> anything other than "/openils/" - it might work fine to go with a more
> FHS-friendly approach, but it might be wise in the short term to stick with
> the herd.
>
> --
> Dan Scott
> Laurentian University

Hey, Niles and Dan.

I suspect Niles was only quoting the section of install.conf(.default)
in which   the definitions I referred to were being made.

Niles - try adding a trailing slash to your value of PREFIX. All the
other examples I've seen include one...

~B

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch