[OPEN-ILS-DEV] upgrading

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:27:06 EST 2008

On 13/01/2008, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> OK - Thinking about the future.....
> 1.2.1.0 installed - 1.2.1.1 just released that's good.
>
> If I had a Liveb version of 1.2.1.0 how would I go about upgrading to
> 1.2.1.1
>
> Export all my records, install and import?
>
> Cheers

Hi Grant:

The description for the 1.2.1.1 release on
http://open-ils.org/downloads.phplinks to the upgrade instructions at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2.0_to_1.2.1 - I think
this covers most or all of what you'll need.

As an aside, perhaps it would make sense for us to add a new build target of
"upgrade" which would essentially be "openils_all" without the database
recreation target. It could even run some schema upgrades automatically, if
we're confident that we know the version that we're upgrading from.

Dan

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University