[OPEN-ILS-DEV] squid proxy for z3950 searches.

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 18 16:21:25 EST 2008

Will ladda wrote:
> hello,
>
> we are using evergreen-1.2.1.0, behind a firewall.
>
> I have a squid proxy available that will handle non-standard ports.
>
> Is there a way to config evergreen to use a http proxy for z3950
> searches, z3950.loc.gov:7090 or zcat.oclc.org:210?

Did a quick search...  It's not explicitly mentioned in the Perl ZOOM
docs [1], but the C docs [2] claim to accept a proxy server connection
option .  My hunch is the Perl layer would just pass the option down if
provided.

Assuming that's true, it would be a case of adding a new <proxy> setting
in opensr.xml (in the z39 server section), reading the value in
do_service_search() in Z3950.pm, then passing the value into the
OpenILS::Utils::ZClient->new() call in  Z3950.pm.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~mirk/Net-Z3950-ZOOM-1.21/lib/ZOOM.pod#new()
[2] http://www.indexdata.dk/yaz/doc/zoom.tkl

-bill

--