[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Importing from SIRSI

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:58:31 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 10:23 AM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> OK - This means - ASAIK - That I have records with duplicate 020.
> TC#'s are unique...Should these be used instead?

ISBN is only one of several "standard numbers" and configurable
locations that marc2bre will look at, and it tracks the identifiers
it's seen and used during the current session (or previous sessions,
if you use the --dontuse param to pass in a list of used TCNs).  That
message just means that it has already seen records with that number
in the "best" TCN field from the record, so it's going to use a system
generated number.  If the database is empty (or you've given it a
"dontuse" file) then that message is simply informational. (The !s
were added there to ease grep'ing, though they can probably go now.)
Also, the version in trunk has a better version of that message, and
is generally more robust -- and completely compatible with 1.2.x.

> Where are ALL the switches and descriptions for marc2bre?

They're currently just inside the script.  Look for GetOptions.

--miker