[OPEN-ILS-DEV] specs for patron record import?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:39:18 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 3:03 PM, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've got a sample of real patron data such as we'd use to import into
> Horizon.  I'm going to try to massage it into the JSON format needed for
> import by Evergreen.  Problem is, I'm not sure what that format exactly is.
> Does anyone have any pointers for me?

There's a script in svn that takes a particular XML format and turns
it into the proper JSON (specificly, the proper Fieldmapper objects).
It uses an XML format that we developed with Unique Management for use
in the PINES load, but that's not what you have in hand.  However, you
should be able to analyze the script and glean some useful information
from that.

You can find it here:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Evergreen/src/extras/import/parse_patron_xml.pl