[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Loading bibs questions

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 1 15:06:23 EDT 2008

We test loaded 1,000 bibs and are looking before we do more.  A couple of issues I could use help with:

1.  Bibs with no items do not display in OPAC.  But there is a way to make them show up, isn't there?  Something that can be set?  We will need to do some experimenting to transfer some holdings.

2.  Bibs do show up in OPAC view in Cataloging.  But for an author  110  $a United States. $b Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce    only United States shows up in the OPAC view as the author.  We need the subfield b's.  How do we get that to shoe?

Thanks.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago