[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ODBC connection to Evergreen

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:45:33 EDT 2008

We have had a read only copy of the db available for reporting in the past, and use read only logons for MS Access reports currently.  We could look at a reporting tool in the future.

But I was looking at it for doing a data load of item information a la  "Importing bibliographic holdings via a staging table" instructions on the wiki.  Access is just a tool I have used to insert into that type of staging table in the current db.  And this is a test db.

I'm looking for an easy way to create the staging table and then to get the information from about 1,000 items in the old system and make items in the new system so people can have an idea of how that information might look.  I can just do a tab delimited file and then make a file with insert statements and run it with psql.

I exported a small set of records with 999s with item information and the import_holdings.pl failed on that.  I suspect we would use a staging table approach anyhow, so I'd like to try that!  Seems a better place to expend a little effort.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago