[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Academic reserves RFC: second revision

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 14 09:57:32 EDT 2008

Dan,

I looked at it and it looks good to me.  I have not worked with an ILS system that tried to load the information about which student is in which course to be able to limit access via that information.  That, of course, changes a lot, so is not too easy to maintain.  We've opted so far to try to put that through the course management system, but, hey, if you can do it, go for it.  That kind of limitation has become very important when you scan in a copy of something for use by a class, as opposed to when you were just using hard copy circulated from the reserve desk.  The RFC accommodates the preferred method of a URL to a licensed resource, that's good, too.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago