[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Rewrite of build-db.sh

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Jul 15 22:54:40 EDT 2008

Round 2!  This adds the following changes to the previously described list:
- remove database version entirely from the user interface, down to
build-db.sh.  This makes minor removals from:
  - install.sh
  - config.sh
  - install.conf.default
  - Open-ILS/src/Makefile
  - Open-ILS/src/extras/import/build-oils-db.sh

- implement automatic detection of PostgreSQL database version
- abort if we can not detect the db version, providing the user with our
best guess (it's probably not going to be, but oh well)
- maintain fallback in the case of missing fts-config.sql for specific db
version, with big shiny warnings adapted to the autodetection
- abort if no fts-config.sql files exist

Let me know if you have any other handy ideas for making this part of the
build process simpler.  Have vim, will code.

Aaron S. Joyner