[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Debian VMware image 1.2.2.2

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:39:16 EDT 2008

Hi Ryan

2008/7/16 Ryan Laverdiere <ryan484lav at gmail.com>:
> It seems that if I even do a search for the full book title that the book
> doesn't display.

This is the default behaviour for the OPAC in Evergreen; if there are
no copies, then the record is not visible in the OPAC. It should be
visible in the staff client, though.

If you want to have bib records that have no items attached show up in
the OPAC, you need to change the bib record source to something
transcendent. In the case of the VMWare image and a default
out-of-the-box Evergreen install, you could use source 3 - this is the
same source used for the Gutenberg records.

I can't remember off-hand if you can change the "source" value through
the staff client. But the "guts of Evergreen" way is documented at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords&s=transcendant#making_electronic_resources_visible_in_the_catalogue.

If you leave the "WHERE bib.record_id = ..." clause off of the UPDATE
statement, you will make all of the records in your Evergreen instance
visible, whether or not they have copies attached.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University