[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Debian VMware image 1.2.2.2

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 19:31:02 EDT 2008

Hi Ryan:

2008/7/16 Ryan Laverdiere <ryan484lav at gmail.com>:
> The Thing is I have two copy of the book attached.

Ah, sorry. When you said "put in the barcode", I thought you meant
attach a copy in the cataloging interface.

I just gave this a test with a copy of the 1.2.2.2 VMWare image, and
the record was visible as soon as I added a copy in Holdings
Maintenance. I used the default location of "Stacks" for the copy
(which is an OPAC-visible location) and the default setting for OPAC
visibility.

Just to check, because it's not obvious the first few times through -
in the Holdings Maintenance screen, when you add a volume, after
entering a number in the "# of Volumes" field, you have to hit Tab to
be able to enter values in the "Call number" and "# of Copies" fields,
then hit Tab again to add barcodes for the items. It sounds like you
have gotten this far, though, if you actually can search by item
barcode.

Strange! Sorry, I'm not sure I can help you :(

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University