[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OPAC on Safari 1.x

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Thu Jul 17 20:10:02 EDT 2008

Brandon W. Uhlman said the following on 07/17/2008 05:53 PM:
> Hi, all.
>
> We have a user who is unable to access the Evergreen OPAC on her older
> Mac, running OS X 10.3, Safari 1.3.2 on dialup. Has anyone tried using
> Safari 1.3 with Evergreen, and experienced either positive or negative
> results?

I happen to have an old iMac running just that software!  ...luckily, no
dialup though.

I can verify that at least in my tests, to a local server and to
gapines, I received no search results.

On my server, I see the initial connection in the Apache log, the OPAC
page loads normally, then I see the GET for the search, the OPAC screen
updates to the Title Results page, then nothing...  No opensrf log
activity, no Apache logging, nothing.

I took a quick poke at looking for a Javascript console, but early
versions of Safari didn't offer much, and even following example
wouldn't open up a console for me.
http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/faq.html#anchor14