[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problem during evergreen installation

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Jul 21 10:40:57 EDT 2008

Hello Vijay,

>From the looks of it you have mistaken the Evergreen/Ubuntu virtual machine download for the Evergreen source download.  The link to the latest source is:

http://open-ils.org/downloads/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3.tar.gz

as linked on:

http://open-ils.org/downloads.php

under "Evergreen Source Code."  In trying to look over the page with fresh eyes, it is easy to see how one could make the mistake you made, especially if he or she was not familiar with VMWare.  Perhaps those who are able could add the words "Virtual Machine" to the VMWare section heading.  Not sure if it would help, but it can't hurt.

Finally, many people have had good luck with the prerequisites makefile lately rather than following the manual steps, so that is another avenue if you run into more problems.

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation:debian_gentoo_ubuntu_prerequisites_makefile

Thanks,
DW

>>> "vijay kumar" <vijcrjbhu at gmail.com> 7/21/2008 10:06 AM >>>
Dear Member,
I install all step successfully upto 20th stage given in the manual of
the website of EverGreen ILS.
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 for installation of EverGreen ILS

But after 20th stage I am facing problem because after extracting
Evergreen zip file .........not able to run make config command
and after extract no config file or directory was created.

I am posting screenshot of problem
root at vijay-desktop:/home/evergreen-admin/eg-srcs# unzip
Evergreen_1.2.1.4_on_Ubuntu_7.10.zip
Archive:  Evergreen_1.2.1.4_on_Ubuntu_7.10.zip
replace Changelog.txt? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: y
  inflating: Changelog.txt
   creating: Evergreen/
  inflating: Evergreen/.nvram
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s001.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s002.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s003.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s004.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s005.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s006.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s007.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s008.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s009.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s010.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen-s011.vmdk
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen.vmdk
 extracting: Evergreen/Evergreen.vmsd
  inflating: Evergreen/Evergreen.vmx
  inflating: Evergreen/vmware.log
replace README.txt? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: y
  inflating: README.txt
root at vijay-desktop:/home/evergreen-admin/eg-srcs# ls

root at vijay-desktop:/home/evergreen-admin/eg-srcs/Evergreen# make config
make: *** No rule to make target `config'.  Stop.
root at vijay-desktop:/home/evergreen-admin/eg-srcs/Evergreen#

so how can we proceed.......
please guide

Thanks,
Vijay Kumar