[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Arg to reshelving.complete ?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:13:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:
> Mike Rylander said the following on 07/18/2008 09:00 PM:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Karen Foster <fosterk at mcmaster.ca>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I didn't see anything more about this on the list. So, was wondering if
>>> anything more happened with it & if there was a version number to look
>>> for this type of change in?
>>>
>>> If you want any votes - I like Mike's counter-proposal.
>>>

>> Thanks for bringing this back up.  I've just committed a change to svn
>> trunk that implements this, so now we just need an interface to set an
>> org_unit-specific version of the circ.reshelving_complete.interval
>> setting.  I'll create a trac ticket against 1.4 for this, but it may
>> get bumped to a slightly later version in the 1.4 stream, depending on
>> priorities.
>>

> After a quick peek at the change, is there any reason this code wouldn't
> work in 1.2.2.x ?
> With manual table entries of course.

There's no reason it shouldn't, but then there's no test that shows
that it does ... ;)  This could be tested with short intervals.  The
syntax for the entries in the actor.org_unit_setting table is not just
the plain value, though.  It has to be JSON encoded:

INSERT INTO actor.org_unit_setting (org_unit, name, value) VALUES (10,
'circ.reshelving_complete.interval', '"3 hours"');

The interval can be any value that is accepted as an SQL INTERVAL
value, so '"0 seconds"' is entirely acceptable, though not entirely
true since this process is run from cron on a regular basis.