[OPEN-ILS-DEV] marc record import questions - gutenberg

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Jul 24 08:59:05 EDT 2008

I was able to get this part to work but am still running into snags
during the import of the Gutenberg records.

When I try:

perl pg_loader.pl -or bre -or mrd -or mfr -or mtfe -or mafe -or msfe -or
mkfe -or msefe \ -a mrd -a mfr -a mtfe -a mafe -a msfe -a mkfe -a msefe
< ~/gutenberg.ingest > ~/gutenberg.sql

I get the errors
"Can't open -a No such file..."
"Can't open "mrd No such file..."

Was I reading this command wrong? Should the "\" between "msefe" and
"-a" be there?
If I remove the "\" it seems to run but when I complete the steps for
importing and making the records viewable in the catalog, it doesn't
seem to be correct since no records seem to be in the catalog.

1. Once Evergreen is installed, should the staff client be good to go or
did I need to register the computers in a config file on the system? The
server connection test works but I cannot login. "admin" and "open-ils"
are the default admin login and password, correct?

The system is running and the settings-tester and srfsh tests are
indicating no problems.

Thank,
Robert