[OPEN-ILS-DEV] removing of objson from opensrf

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Jul 25 12:23:35 EDT 2008

Just to be clear, there are 2 layers to the legacy JSON support.  There is the
low-level osrf_legacy_json.* code which provides a translation between old
and new-style JSON object hints.  There is also a higher level objson API
compatibility layer.

The attached patch:

* removes the objson compat layer.  Note that Evergreen trunk (a.k.a 1.4) has
already been updated to remove any dependence on the legacy API layer

* Sets the default JSON gateway protocol to non-legacy json

What it does not do:

* it does not remove or disable the osrf_legacy_json.* code

* it does not remove the ability for the gateway to toggle between legacy and
non-legacy json

Finally, I only removed just enough of the legacy JSON parts of the
Makefile.am, etc. (aka autotools) to prevent the building and installation of
the objson compat layer.  We no longer need any of the legacy JSON handling
bits in the autotools files and I've discussed its removal with Kevin B, who
is handling the autotools-ification.

This patch is running on acq.open-ils.org... also, so far so good.  If there
are no objections, I'll commit soon.

Thanks,

-b

--