SPAM: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Thinking about receiving

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Jul 25 12:24:47 EDT 2008

I'm going to jump in here and suggest that someone needs to get
familiar with ASN (advanced shipment notificiation) which allows the
libraries to electronically receive their materials rather than having
to check in each item one at a time.  Essentially, once the shipment
contents is verified (one order or partial orders), the items
represented on the packing slip can be uploaded using the ASN process.
 Ingram can do this and I don't know about others.  The problem, as
usual, is on the ILS side.

I don't know much more than that but I can refer you to a document at

http://www.pubnet.org/community/EDI.pdf

that may help. I can also refer you to at least one person I know of
(on the front lines) who has been watching this for some time and may
have some insights.

Let me know if I can help further.

Lori Ayre
The Galecia Group