[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installing on Ubuntu7.10 - ejabber problem

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:46:47 EDT 2008

Hi Faiz:

2008/7/26 Faiz Ishaq <Faiz at szabist.ac.ae>:
> Hello!
>
> Totally new to Evergreen, I am trying to get it to run on Ubuntu. Started
> with Edubuntu 7.10 install and carried out the steps as given in the
> pre-install and install text files. Everything worked fine until step 27,
> finalizing the OPAC, using the command:
>
> sudo -u opensrf ./autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
>
> It gives 'Unable to connect to Jabber server' errors. The ejabber log file
> has 'Accepted Connection' entries.

Just a wild guess - you followed the Ubuntu install instructions and
changed hostnames from "localhost" to your fully-qualified domain name
in various configuration files (including ejabberd.cfg)?

For what it's worth, the development team recommends keeping all of
the entries (except for the <hosts> entry in opensrf.xml) as
"localhost" unless you're dealing with a system spread over multiple
servers. I'll start a new thread to talk about replacing the existing
Ubuntu instructions.

> ejabber log file entries:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 2008-07-26 12:28:46 ===
> I(<0.1052.0>:ejabberd_listener:90): (#Port<0.1007>) Accepted connection
> {{10,0,0,214},54018} -> {{10,0,0,214},5222}

It looks like your IP address is resolving to 10.0.0.214. Does the
hostname that you registered the ejabberd users with, and the
hostnames you used for the Jabber user entries in opensrf_core.xml,
resolve to this address?

Have you tried running Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
to check the setup of your various configuration files?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University