[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Security question

Robert glibrarysystem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:16:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

  I was wondering how important port 111 is to have listening? I know that
it is linked to portmapper which has some security vulnerabilities and was
wondering if it was blocked if I could connect to the server or not? Is it
used to connect the staff client to the server by assigning ports for the
connections? I'm assuming that is what it is used for. I would try to block
it myself but there is a lot of testing going on with our Evergreen serrver
right now and I don't want to kick everyone off of it.

Thanks,
Robert