[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Z39.50 target

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:50:49 EDT 2008

2008/5/26 Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com> wrote:
>> On Monday 26 May 2008 8:57 Mike Rylander wrote:
>>> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> This is the plan for 1.4, though I don't think Debian has a modern
>>> enough YAZ package, which means installing YAZ from source.
>>
>> The EG installer makefile will handle this for you:
>>
>> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install
>>
>> $ make -f Makefile.install install_yaz
>>

> Heh ... unfortunately Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM says:
>
> *** ERROR!
> Simple2ZOOM requires at least version 3.0.10 of YAZ,
> but you only have version 2.1.18.
>
> and the makefile specifies yaz-2.1.56.  I am unsure if 3.x will cause
> any other problems, though.  First thing that comes to mind is the
> Net::ZOOM implementation for remote Z targets.

As we kicked around on IRC, the least disruptive method in the short
term may be to run Simple2ZOOM on a separate server (on which you can
install the latest version of YAZ without worrying about impacting the
version used by Evergreen). And then point that at the SRU target
running on the Evergreen server. If you try this out and it works,
please let the list know (and document your steps!).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University