[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Memory usage

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Sat Jun 7 18:37:46 EDT 2008

For those who might be interested:
EG WILL run on a 256 MB RAM P4 system though not very well and with sporatic inter-process errors
(at least that is what they seemed to be).  Even with that it was effective in order to evaluate
its ability to handle our home library.  (obviously if it handles PINES then a little home should
be no problem)

A Frys $28 1 GB RAM upgrade works wonders! For 2 users (which is adequate for use in the home) the
speed is most acceptable!  There is temptation to go get 2 more 1 GB sticks to max out this
mainboard at 3 GB.  I know that the reccommended system size is much higher but I'm shooting for a
low end/cost application with high-end features.  Such is the beauty of Open Source!

RobertC