[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Staff Client login network/server fa ilure IT WORKS !!!

Charlene Woo Ling cwooling at ttec.co.tt
Wed Jun 11 12:53:24 EDT 2008

THANKS A MIL DAN!!!! As you rightly indicated the pgsql was the problem.

There are 2 places for pgsql in the opensrf.xml file in the :
<open-ils.cstore>
and
<open-ils.reporter-store>

And 2 places for PG:
<open-ils.storage>
and
<reporter>

I had been overzealous and changed all to Pg which of course gave the errors
:-(

Once those changes were done, and I restarted using
sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
-a restart_all
restarted apache
and ran the autogen.sh from /openils/bin

everything ran smoothly and I was able to continue with building the client
and running xulrunner. I logged in and it allowed me in !!!!!! AT LAST !
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!! The settings-tester.pl is so awesome to help
troubleshoot !!
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/
settings-tester.pl

I just have a silly question, how do I add books? I am not a librarian and I
am seeing things under cataloguing like 'Create new MARC record', retrieve
record by TCN etc. How can I simply manually add not only books but CDs,
journals etc? I checked the wiki but under adding titles is blank. Is there
a link to non-librarian documentation?
Most sincerely
Charlene