[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: [Support] Installing staff clients onnon-privileged Windows accounts

Murphy, S.K. smurphy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Jun 16 11:16:15 EDT 2008

Hi, Brandon -

I've seen this happen with Windows "Mandatory" user accounts (these are
the accounts Jason refered to that wipe out any changes to the user's
'Documents and Settings' folder upon logout).

Here's Microsoft's page on assigning mandatory profiles.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q307800/

I believe to change a profile away from 'mandatory', you can just change
their "Ntuser.man" file to be named "Ntuser.dat". (If the profile is
manadtory, then 'Ntuser.man' is found under C:\Documents and
Settings\<Windows Login Name>\).

Hope that helps!
-Murph

Some say the world will end in fire and ice.  Others say it will be
segfaults.