[OPEN-ILS-DEV] offline blocked list

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Tue Jun 17 14:38:42 EDT 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008 10:24 Bill Ott wrote:
> > Strange doings with the offline blocked list.
> >
> > When running offline-blocked-list.pl, I end up missing one user.  I
> > don't see any rhyme or reason for which user it drops, but it seems
> > consistent.
>
> I've narrowed it down to this line:
>      next if $barcode =~ /^oils/o; # hack to chop out the oils_requestor
> prompt
>
> I find one of the results that looks like this:
>     oils# 123456
>
> Replacing the noted "hack" with:
>     $barcode =~ s/oils#\s+//;
>
> Works as long as there are values for each, otherwise you'll end up with
> something like:
>    oils L
>
> So, another check, or a different substitute should finish it off.

Thanks for tracking that down, Bill.  Alternately, you can change the if(1)
test at line 9 to if(0) and take advantage of the older version of the
script, which relies on open-ils.storage instead of making an external call
to oils_requestor.  (The oils_requestor version was added to accommodate
speedier processing of blocked lists with hundreds of thousands of patrons.)

-b

--
Bill Erickson