[OPEN-ILS-DEV] direct_ingest error

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 00:23:44 EDT 2008

2008/6/20 Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org>:
> It's been a day of two steps forward and one step back...
>
> I'm working with a little utility to batch import small sets of records and
> I'm getting an error from direct_ingest.
> Here's the error and a sample chunk of bre.  Did marc2bre miss something?
>

> Couldn't process record: Undefined namespace prefix
> xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

The namespaces in your BRE appear to match the various samples of BRE
that I have on my system, so I don't think it's a problem with
marc2bre.pl. I think that's pretty stock output for yaz-marcdump.

Perhaps it's a problem with the level of libxml2 / libxslt /
XML::LibXML / XML::LibXSLT that you have installed on your system? For
what it's worth, settings-tester.pl tells me I have:

XML::LibXML version 1.63
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.63
XML::LibXSLT version 1.62

I have libxml2.so.2.6.31 and libxslt.so.1.1.22 installed in /usr/lib.

Another possibility is that your stylesheets in /openils/var/xsl are
corrupted (or perhaps opensrf.xml isn't pointing to them)? The
OpenILS::Application::Ingest module pulls in the MARC21slim2MODS and
MARC21slim2MODS3 stylesheets as part of the ingest process.

I also wondered whether it might be a problem in the database
configuration (e.g. a lack of pgxml support) but that seems quite
unlikely.

Sorry for not having a definitive answer for you :( but perhaps this
will help you poke around.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University