[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SPAM: OpenSRF autotools patch

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 26 11:47:14 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 2:01 Kevin Beswick wrote:
> Included is a patch for a working implementation of the GNU Autotools
> to OpenSRF. Some of the perks of this system are: the user is given
> the ability to install OpenSRF to non-standard locations,
> dependency/library checking, gives a user the ability to only install
> certain components, more portable to other operating systems, etc.
> It was tested by myself, and Dan Scott on Ubuntu 7.10, CentOS 5,
> Debian Etch , and configures, compiles, and installs correctly.
>
> To test, simply run:
> autogen.sh
> configure
> make
> make install

I didn't have a file called autogen.sh... should I have?  Running the longer
series of commands (aclocal, libtoolize, etc.) from the previous email works,
though.

> Options for configure can be found using:
> ./configure --help

I ran into this while running ./configure:

checking  module: setuptools... ./configure: line 21008: /tmp/null: Permission
denied
configure: error: failed to find required module setuptools

/tmp/null had been created by a different user while testing a previous
version of the patch.  Manually removing that file fixed that.

--

Building legacy JSON seems to be causing problems.  Trying to compile
Evergreens sources on a fresh install results in:

/openils/lib//libopensrf.so: undefined reference to `jsonObjectFindPath'
/openils/lib//libopensrf.so: undefined reference to `jsonObjectClone'

Maybe just missing a -lobjson?

--

I installed into a fresh /openils, and /openils/conf was not created.

--

When I attempt to start the router, it dies with

/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh: line 152: /openils//etc/run/router.pid: No such file
or directory

Should that go into /openils/var/run ?

Regardless, the directory will need to be created at install time.

---

We need to make sure -NDEBUG is enabled by default or services won't start.

More testing shortly...

-b

--
Bill Erickson