[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Software architecture ?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:13:49 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Reuben Pasquini <rdp0004 at auburn.edu> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Mike!
>  It's a pretty cool setup.
>
>  I'm finally up and running with an OpenILS install
>  where the OPAC and staff-client run and
>  authenticate - enough to let some people
>  see what it looks like.  I've got a couple
>  more questions if you or anyone else can help.
>
>  *. Is it possible to connect to the gapines demo system
>     with the staff client ?
>              http://demo.gapines.org/
>      If so, would you setup the version-link so that the
>      download-and-run Windows staff-client
>      version will talk with the server ?
>            http://open-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-v100rc2.exe
>      It would be nice to be able to tell people to just download
>      that staff-client build, point it at demo.gapines.org, and play
>  around.

The best staff client to use for the demo server is now the version
1.2.1.4 build.  You can grab that from
http://open-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-rel_1_2_1_4.exe .

>  *. I know one thing people are concerned about here when evaluating
>     the Evergreen ILS is the lack of acquisitions and serials modules.
>     I read someplace that there was a project afoot to address that -
>     is there likely to be acquisitions/serials support in
>      Open-ILS in the near future ?

Acquisitions is under heavy development right now.  We're expecting a
functional alpha in April with full monograph ordering.  Depending on
feedback, it should be in full release in late spring.  I'm working on
the serials side as well, and I'm hoping to have something to show
with the April release.

--miker