[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 1.2.1.0 Client issue

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 5 10:34:58 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Robert Nix <glibrarysystem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mark. Ok one last question. I have created a Marc record but I can't
> add information to it to be able to check anything out. Can anyone let me
> know where the section is in the client to add information to a Marc record?
> I have went in and given myself the everthing permission but I still can't
> add information to the records. I am using the staff client 1.2.1.4.

Robert, if you can get to the Record Summary screen in the catalog
embedded in the staff client, then you should see a menu labeled
Actions for this Record.  Choose Holdings Maintenance (which can be
made to come up by default to save time later).  From this interface
you should see a portion of the Organization Tree/Hierarchy, and from
here, you can add volumes and copies to the record.  Just select one
or more of your branches, and then either right-click or choose
Actions for Selected Rows, and then Add Volumes.

You can also check out barcoded items that are not yet cataloged and
attached to a bibliographic (MARC) record.  Evergreen refers to these
as Pre-Cataloged items.  From the Check Out interface, just scan in
such a barcode and it'll prompt you for what to do.  You can later
transfer such items to a bib record and retain circulation history.

There's a third type of circulation called non-cataloged circulations
(you can see these in a drop down menu in the Checkout interface,
which defaults to "Barcode").  You create arbitrary labels for these
(such as Paperback, Magazine, etc.), but they're not barcoded.  You're
merely recording the fact that these "types" or classes of items have
circulated.  Some automation systems refer to this as ephemeral check
outs.

Let me know if this helps!

--
Jason Etheridge