[OPEN-ILS-DEV] check out problem

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Mar 10 21:56:56 EDT 2008

Jeff Edminster wrote:
> I’ve managed to load bibs, items, and borrowers. I can search and place holds on items without a problem. When I attempt to do a check out, however, I get the following error:
>
> Check Out Failed #3
> {
>   "desc":null,
>   "ilsevent":1609,
>   "pid":4425,
>   "servertime":"Mon Mar 10 15:01:55 2008",
>   "stacktrace":"/openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Application/AppUtils.pm:811 /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Application/Circ/Circulate.pm:1023 /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Application/Circ/Circulate.pm:1023",
>   "textcode":"CONFIG_RULES_RECURING_FINE_NOT_FOUND"
> }
>
> Any ideas?

Jeffrey,

This means the circulation rules calculation resulted in a recurring
fines rules that does not exist in your database. The recurring fines
rule is calculated with a script call to
/openils/var/circ/circ_duration.js, which loads some values from
/openils/var/circ/circ_item_config.js. If you have changed nothing, then
all circulation request will results in rules called "default". If there
are no "default" rules in your DB (I don't recall if any are included
with the default DB seed data), they will need to be created. These
rules can be created in the "Circulation and Hold Rules" section of the
configuration CGIs (http://myhost/cgi-bin/config.cgi).

Hope this helps,

-bill

--