[OPEN-ILS-DEV] restoring evergreen to an empty state

Nella Lall ndlall at ucalgary.ca
Tue Mar 11 15:06:27 EDT 2008

Hello,

I used the instructions on the end of the importing bib records document
to restore our evergreen database to an empty "pristine" state after
doing some test loads etc.

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords

Rebuild the database schema:

./build-db.sh <db-hostname> <db-port> <db-name> <db-user> <db-password> <db-version>

After I ran that, I tried to log into the staff client but couldn't.

It appeared that the outreach and trustee groups were gone so we went
back and redid step 26 and 27 of the Installing Evergreen 1.2 on Ubuntu
7.10 instructions.

Then with the generic admin login, I tried to log into the staff client
again, I got further but at the point when it said my old BR1-Nella
workstation was no longer configured on the server and it went to
retrieve the values for the drop down list of libraries/branches, the
staff client is giving me a Network Failure error with this at the end:

method=open-ils.actor.org_tree.descendants.retrieve
params=[1,-1]
THROWN:
null
STATUS:

If I select to Ignore Errors, I get an error message of:
TypeError:branch has no properties

I'm not sure what this means or how to fix it.  I looked at the
actor.org_unit and it appears to be setup exactly like it was before I
ran the build-db.sh script.

evergreen=# SELECT * FROM actor.org_unit;
id | parent_ou | ou_type | ill_address | holds_address | mailing_address
| billing_address | shortname |         name         |
email | phone | opac_visible
----+-----------+---------+-------------+---------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------+----------------------+-------+-------+--------------

 1 |           |       1 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | CONS      | Example Consortium   |       |       | t
 2 |         1 |       2 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | SYS1      | Example System 1     |       |       | t
 3 |         1 |       2 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | SYS2      | Example System 2     |       |       | t
 4 |         2 |       3 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | BR1       | Example Branch 1     |       |       | t
 5 |         2 |       3 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | BR2       | Example Branch 2     |       |       | t
 6 |         3 |       3 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | BR3       | Example Branch 3     |       |       | t
 7 |         3 |       3 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | BR4       | Example Branch 4     |       |       | t
 8 |         4 |       4 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | SL1       | Example Sub-lib 1    |       |       | t
 9 |         6 |       5 |           1 |             1 |
1 |               1 | BM1       | Example Bookmobile 1 |       |       | t
(9 rows)

I am using staff client Build ID: sc_v100_rc2.

(NOTE: I did try to upgrade the server and client to version 1.2.1.4
from 1.2 to resolve the issue but that did not fix it for me.)

Ideas on what my problem might be and how to resolve it?  Thanks,

Nella Lall