[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Deleting the example branches

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 10:27:06 EDT 2008

On 20/03/2008, Robert Nix <glibrarysystem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've looked through the documentation and the part for removing an existing
> library has no information in it yet. I just need to remove all of the
> example libraries that come configured by default. I already have all of the
> information for my actual libraries entered in. Can someone help me with
> this information, please?

Hi Robert:

At this point, SQL is your best interface for the task. You can use a
GUI interface like pgadmin_iii to help, or do it from the psql command
line interface:

1. Connect to your Evergreen database (may need -U username -h
hostname arguments):
psql evergreen

2. List the org_units in your system:
evergreen=# select id, shortname, name from actor.org_unit;
 id | shortname |        name
----+-----------+--------------------
  1 | CONS      | Example Consortium
  2 | SYS1      | Example System 1
  3 | SYS2      | Example System 2
  4 | BR1       | Example Branch 1
  5 | BR2       | Example Branch 2
  6 | BR3       | Example Branch 3
  7 | BR4       | Example Branch 4
  8 | SL1       | Example Sub-lib 1
  9 | BM1       | Example Bookmobile 1
(9 rows)

3. Delete the org_units that you no longer want based on their ID (the
first column):
evergreen=# delete from actor.org_unit where id = 9;
DELETE 1

4. As always, run autogen.sh after adding, modifying, or deleting an org_unit:
autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University