[OPEN-ILS-DEV] osrfHash: alternative implementation

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sun Mar 23 19:43:02 EDT 2008

The attachments are an alternative implementation of the osrfHash
code.  I believe that this implementation is simpler and more
efficient than the existing one, while providing the same functionality
(barring any bugs that I haven't found yet).

These are NOT ready to be installed as replacements for the current
code.  First of all, much of it is untested at this point.  Second,
the rest of the code base isn't ready for it.  We would need to change
any code that directly accesses the internal members of an osrfHash
or osrfHashIterator.  In particular, some files reference the "current"
member of an osrfHash Iterator.

I offer these files only to provide a concrete illustration of the
ideas I've been posting about this weekend.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/