[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.2.2 status?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:09:19 EDT 2008

>  Hi Folks,
>
>  Is 1.2.2 ready for use in test environments for my clients? Or should I
> hold off for a while on that?

There has been no release of 1.2.2 yet (not even an alpha or a beta).
You might want to wait until an alpha release & rel_1_2_2 is branched
-- but that being said, it should work...

>  All the activity seems to be in rel_1_2--so I guess that's the spot (ah,
> yes, must be, that's where the upgrade SQL is that Mike R pointed me to the
> other day).
>
>  OK. Another dumb question, if this is ready for testing, other than running
> the SQL to upgrade the DB, what's the procedure to get the OpenILS & OpenSRF
> installed on my test box?
>
>  Presumably I need to tell svn what branch to get, and I don't remember how
> to do that--anyone got an off-the-cuff explanation (I know I *should* read
> the svn docs). All the prior svn ckos I did on one box were the trunk level.
> Do I need to do anything to get rid of that before checking out the rel_1_2
> current branch stuff?

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ has pretty good information on that
- you want to fetch the rel_1_2 branch into a brand new directory. You
can name the directory at checkout time, if you so desire; otherwise
it will just be callled "rel_1_2". The following command will check
the rel_1_2 branch out into a directory called "Evergreen-1_2_branch":

svn co svn://svn.open-ils.org/ILS/branches/rel_1_2 Evergreen-1_2_branch

>  Then just a matter of rebuilding the OpenSRF and OpenILS pieces, right?

I don't think there's any need to rebuild OpenSRF. That should still
be running with the OpenSRF 0.9 release. It's only Evergreen trunk
that absolutely requires OpenSRF trunk. So just rebuild the Evergreen
piece and you should be good.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University