[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIP2 in Evergreen

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Tue May 13 01:31:06 EDT 2008

Prince Rupert Library is using the Sentry QuickCheck self-check
machine from Sentry Technology. Not in production until I get back
from vacation next week, but our tests showed only one or two little
problems with expected output from the SIP2 server (the past messages
on this list referring to problems with message 64).

A patchset to make the return type for these things a configurable
option is in the works.

Whistler Public Library has a 3M RFID self-check machine which will be
using the Evergreen SIP2 server when they migrate in June, but we
haven't done any testing yet.

~B

Quoting Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org>:

>> We're in the midst of retooling one of our libraries, and we're
>> going to put a self-check machine in it.  What self-check machines
>> do the production sites (PINES/Sitka whomever else) use?  Is any
>> machine that is SIP2 compliant going to be okay generally?
>
> Not in production (for a few more months), but we've run the 3M 6210's
> through their paces without problem.

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
Ministry of Education