[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introductions (a message too late?)

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:26:40 EDT 2008

So, belatedly, I introduce to you Kevin Beswick (of OpenSRF autoconf
fame, from just a few minutes ago).

Kevin is nominally a new Equinox employee, but he is working under the
direction and tutelage of Dan Scott (with whom you are all, surely,
familiar) at Laurentian University.  He is a summer-student employee
that ESI is funding for work on Evergreen, and he will be focusing on
several low-level areas that need some love.  Since Evergreen didn't
get any official GSoC slots, we're looking at this as a sort of
E(vergreen)SoC program, though not so formal.

First, obviously, is autotools-ification of the trunk branches of
OpenSRF and Evergreen.  That's coming right along now.  There will be
other tasty goodness as well, including (at least) Debian (and
derivative) packages for both OpenSRF and Evergreen.

Anyway, that's Kevin, and that's what his patch post was all about.
Sorry for the late introduction, but please welcome him as we do.  We
expect great things! :)